In OpenCart 2 you can easily add new fields in the customer registration form, which will be visible in the registration page, on the checkout page and even when a guest customer makes a purchase.
Adding custom field
In order to add new field in the registration page, you need to go to the administration page of your store and navigate to Sales > Customers > Custom Fields.
Click on the blue Add new button, which is located on the top right of the page and this page below will appear:
- Custom Field Name – label/name of the field which will appear in the registration form.
- Location – from this select field, you can select whether the field to show up in the Account section or in the Address section.
- Type – there are four major type to choose between
(Choose, Input, File, Date). Depends on which subtype you select, a
different optional fields will appear. For example, if you select Radio,
a new box shows up where you can add/delete custom field values.
- Customer Group – you can select customer groups, which will have this field available at registration.
- Required – check this field if you want to oblige your customers to fill in this field.
- Status – enable/disable the field for the registration form.
- Sort Order – you can select the position where your custom field to show.
After filling the entries my page looks like this:
After you click the Save button, the new field will be visible in the registration page: