Gift vouchers can be individually sent to customers through their email
by other customers in the store front. The customer receiving the gift
certificate can use the code provided in the email at the shopping cart
to deduct the gift voucher amount from the order total. To manage the
Gift Vouchers of the store, go to Sales > Gift Vouchers > Gift
Gift Vouchers only have one use per customer. If the customer uses the
To create a new gift voucher, click “Insert”. The following information will be needed:
- Code: The code the customer must enter in the Shopping Cart to use the gift voucher.
- From Name: The name of the person sending the gift certificate.
- From E-Mail: The email of the person sending the gift certificate.
- To Name: The name of the person receiving the gift certificate.
- To E-Mail: The email of the person receiving the gift certificate.
- Theme: The theme of the gift voucher email.
- Message: A message added in the gift voucher email.
- Amount: The amount of the gift certificate to be used in the store.
- Status: Enables or disables the gift voucher.
Voucher history tab
The voucher history tab displays the use of the gift voucher code in
the checkout. The Order ID, Customer Name, Amount, and Date Added will
The Voucher Themes section alters the image displayed in the email
according to the theme. In the store front, customers purchasing the
voucher for a person can choose a theme for voucher.
Emailing a gift voucher to a customer
Once a gift voucher has been created, you are responsible for sending
out the email to the customer receiving the gift voucher. After you
make sure the customer’s email information has been filled out in the
General Tab, you can send the email by clicking “Send” under “Action”.
If the email was sent, OpenCart will display the message: “Success: Gift
Voucher e-mail has been sent!”.
The screenshot below is how the customer will view the Gift Voucher email in their email:
The Code, From Name, Message, Amount fields from the General Tab are
included in the content of the email. The Birthday Theme selected above
is shown in the email by the image on the right side.
Purchasing a gift voucher in the store front
Customers have the option to buy a gift voucher for their friends and
family. They can purchase a gift certificate by accessing My Account
> Gift Voucher from their account page, or through Extras > Gift
Voucher in the footer section of any page.
The information added in the fields above will be automatically stored
in the administration, once a customer confirms the purchase of the gift
voucher. The minimum and maximum amounts a voucher can be purchased for
is controlled under the store’s settings. See Settings for more information.